Friday, July 19, 2013

No Sundays for single mums, also my last post until ....


Hi all, I just want to announce that I will not be posting after this for a long while. I can't tell when I will be back. However, I will still keep my Quay Po Cooks facebook page to share my food photos. Do visit me there if you have the time. Here is the link. 




Thank you all for your love and support these past three years. Your comments and your visits are very much appreciated and knowing that you all enjoyed what I have shared so far brought me much joy. Hugs to you all! 

Here is my last post until..... 

When I was a single mum, I don’t have Sundays.  Sundays are supposed to be a rest day where one can laze around. You will often hear children of single mums are at a disadvantage but that is not true. When I was one, my son Nick had everything children with both parents had. That is because single mums are usually very dedicated to their children and they sacrifice even more to ensure their children’s well being. Here is an article which I would like to share with all the single mums out there. Kudos to you all!  Oh and please don't let anyone tell you that you have a broken family just because you are a single mum. 

Who wouldn't yearn for lazy Sundays where one could take it easy and stay home, eat something fast and simple when feeling hungry. Even stale baguette and eggs could make a divine afternoon snacks! Mm… Mm… Mm

French Toast


Ingredients
1 whole baguette
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup full cream milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
2 tbs butter

Method:
Cut baguette into 1 inch thick pieces. Mix beaten eggs with milk and add ground cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well. Soak pieces of baguette into the egg mixture for 10 mins each side.  Fry pieces of baguettes in two batches. Melt 1 tbs butter in the pan on medium heat. Reserve the balance 1 tbs butter for the second batch.

31 comments:

  1. Toast looks awesome - never tried with baguette, hope to do that one day.

    Hmmm...parents these days, not just single mums - no time for themselves. Their whole lives revolve around the children right down to they cook - only the things the kids love to eat but it is worth every minute when one's kids turn out so well... No reward can be better than that.

    You're going off somewhere, are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? What? What are you doing? Something exciting, obviously with food? Come tell us your secret. We will miss your stories and your great cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll miss you! Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging requires lots of time & effort! OK, will join you on Facebook! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will miss your story and food. Just take care and be well. God bless you and family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the thick French toast! Have a well deserved break, Quay Po. Will check you out on Facebook and looking forwards to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, will miss you my friend. I think one day I will like you too..take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh.....hmmmmmm....dont know what to say..alot of ?? came to my mind, n also want to ask alot of y y y. but i think i have not qualify to ask. although i didnt comments oftenly, but i did came in ur blog....will miss ur foods n sharing.although my english is poor ,but can roughly read. take care n god bless u.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry that you are stopping but it is a strain sometimes keeping going. I have just and a break and I still feel like I need longer! I have more energy at the computer in winter. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take care Quay Po. Will see you on FB :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good bye, thank you for all your cute stories and sense of humor. Success will follow you in all your endeavours. Thank you for the article wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. May God be with you and your family.
    Don't be away too long, will miss your post.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to laze around on Sunday too......Sunday is a very precious day to me.

    Hope you will be back soon. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  14. Take care, even though I am very busy to drop by everyone's blog frequently, I shall miss reading yours...see you in FB at least, not that I visit there often too:P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking forward to see you blogging soon V! hugs!

    Yes to such a simple but delightful recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for sharing. I shall miss your blog especially. You have the wonderful sense of humour and also lots of meaningful life experiences that most of us can relate to. Thanks again and wishing you the very best in your future endeavour.

    ReplyDelete
  17. why?? i just found your blog.. and u said u want to stop posting :((

    looking forward to see your posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope all is well with you.. Take Care QP

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a shame I hope all is well with you and nothing too serious is keeping you away.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wherever you are heading, all the very best. Hope to see you back to blogging soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The kind of food I am up for these days!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just realize that you are "gone"... What happen??? Hope to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The french toast has that classic crispy surface. I wish I had discovered your blog a little earlier. Thanks for the terrific toast!

    ReplyDelete
  24. All the best in whatever you do, QP! Take care, God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm not mum to any children but I have been doing the chores like most mothers do for my nephews and nieces just because their mothers 'dumped' them at their grandparents' house. Now, they are grown up and well educated - none ever mentioned the time I spent cooking for them after office and during weekends. Anyway, take care and enjoy yourself. Can't promise whether I'll see you at FB but will try.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Merry Christmas Quay Po and all at home!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Take care and Happy New Year to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Actually every family need a mum for maintain a family member. So sunday is most favourable day for childrens.
    Carpet cleaning Sydney

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!